Global policies | FWCloud Forum

Global policies

kemeris2000

Hi,

is it possible to apply policy to multiple firewalls or at least copy/paste policy rules between firewalls?

Thank you in advance.

Carles Munyoz

Administrator
Staff member
Hi,
You can create a cluster of firewalls that will share the same policy rules and apply it to all cluster's nodes.

Greetings.

kemeris2000

Hi,
You can create a cluster of firewalls that will share the same policy rules and apply it to all cluster's nodes.

Greetings.
Thank you for reply Carles. I already use firewall clusters which includes firewalls of real PostgreSQL, MySQL cluster nodes. As I understand it's not possible to place cluster in another cluster? Looking for best way to manage approx. ~2700 VM's.

Carles Munyoz

Administrator
Staff member
Another option is cloning firewalls. You can make a full clone of a firewall, can this help solving your needs?

We are planing to create a shared rules feature in a future release, but it is not available yet.

kemeris2000

Another option is cloning firewalls. You can make a full clone of a firewall, can this help solving your needs?

We are planing to create a shared rules feature in a future release, but it is not available yet.
Cloning firewall is good option for a couple of firewalls, but not for amount of firewalls we have. I will wait for future release. Thank you for your support!

Carles Munyoz

Administrator
Staff member
We are now upgrading node modules, both in front-end and back-end.
This upgrade is nearly finished. Once we finish it we will take some time to check all the application functionality in order to avoid production problems and, after this phase we will publish FWCloud release 2.0.
Our schedule is make the release at the beginning of August.

But have in mind that for this release we will not have yet the shared rules feature, it will be available in the next release, before the end of this year.