Authentication error Incorrect user details or password | FWCloud Forum

Authentication error Incorrect user details or password

kpiq

Greetings

Recently I installed and set up fwcloud on my computer. I remember accessing it fine previously. Today I get
  • Authentication errorIncorrect user details or password
I'm using Customer Code 1 (honestly I don't remember what I used before). The username is fwcadmin. I stored the password for fwcadmin, like all my passwords, on my password manager.

Today I can't login. What may I be doing wrong?

Regards

Pedro

Carles Munyoz

Administrator
Staff member
Hi,
May you copy here the logs lines of FWCloud-API (/opt/fwcloud/api/logs/app.log file) that arise when you try to login into de FWCloud-UI web user interface?

Best regards.

kpiq

Thanks for your help Carlos. The trouble had to do with fwcloud-api.service not starting at boot. It stayed in failed status until it was manually started (systemctl start fwcloud-api). Your suggestion to check start times for mariadb.service and compare it to fwcloud-api.service was precise. fwcloud-api.service is trying to start seconds before mariadb.service upon boot.

Adding After=mariadb.service to the [Unit] section of fwcloud-api.service fixed the trouble.

/etc/systemd/system/fwcloud-api.service now looks like this, and it works!

[Unit]
Description=fwcloud-api
After=mariadb.service

[Service]
ExecStart=/usr/bin/npm start
ExecStop=/usr/bin/npm run stop
WorkingDirectory=/opt/fwcloud/api/
SyslogIdentifier=fwcloud-api
User=fwcloud
Group=fwcloud
Type=simple

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

Great job!

Carles Munyoz

Administrator
Staff member
We have added the next line to the Unit section of the fwcloud-api.service systemd file:
After=mariadb.service mysql.service

It would be available in the next FWCloud-API release.

Thank you very much for the feedback.