Usage question | FWCloud Forum

Usage question

ukro

Greetings,
I am just starting to test/build multiple cloud vps and i want to make it easier to manage firewalls.
I was planning to use fwbuilder that uses iptables.But to be more future proof i might need nftables.
Fwcloud uses nftables?
And please, i understand that after reading documentation and whatching YT videos it should be enought? Or you have other resources?
If i might have some questions i can write directly here in installation and configuration?

Segis Ferrairó

Staff member
Hi,
At the current moment FWCloud does not use nftables, but we are adding new features day by day
We are about to publish a new documentation for the UI, so state tune, but if you have more questions do not hesitate to ask here

ukro

Thank very much for fast answer, do we have any dates on nftables support approx? So i can plan my steps :)

Hi,
At the current moment FWCloud does not use nftables, but we are adding new features day by day
We are about to publish a new documentation for the UI, so state tune, but if you have more questions do not hesitate to ask here

Carles Munyoz

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Ukro,
Thank you very much for your interest in FWCloud.

If you want to have an easy and centralized firewall/VPN management solution for multiple cloud VPS, FWCloud is a great tool for that.
Regarding fwbuilder, it is a discontinued project. As you can see in its main website, there hasn't been a new release since 2012. FWCloud is a continuos evolving project based in last generation technologies as Angular for the user interface and Node.JS for the API backend.

Answering you questions, FWCloud's policy compiler doesn't generates output for nftables yet, but is in our to do list. Nevertheless, you can almost do the same as with nftables and the FWCloud user interface makes very simple the policy, vpn, etc. management.

Apart from the documentation and videos that you have already seen in our main website, we will launch shortly a new FWCloud release with detailed UI documentation, new video tutorials and lot of great features like iptables-save import/export to facilitate iptables based firewalls import into FWCloud.

Yes, of course, you can use this forum for any question related with FWCloud.

Moreover, if you want, we can arrange a personalized presentation through which show you the great features of FWCloud.

Best regards.

ukro

Thank you for the reply,
I dont want to take any of your time until i realy needed, i want first to test fwcloud by myself and gather questions :)
So actualy the UI rules in fwcloud will be the same and just in the future there will be option to change output from iptables to nftables am i right?
P.S. Fwcloud looks really amazing
Looking forward to it!

Hi Ukro,
Thank you very much for your interest in FWCloud.

If you want to have an easy and centralized firewall/VPN management solution for multiple cloud VPS, FWCloud is a great tool for that.
Regarding fwbuilder, it is a discontinued project. As you can see in its main website, there hasn't been a new release since 2012. FWCloud is a continuos evolving project based in last generation technologies as Angular for the user interface and Node.JS for the API backend.

Answering you questions, FWCloud's policy compiler doesn't generates output for nftables yet, but is in our to do list. Nevertheless, you can almost do the same as with nftables and the FWCloud user interface makes very simple the policy, vpn, etc. management.

Apart from the documentation and videos that you have already seen in our main website, we will launch shortly a new FWCloud release with detailed UI documentation, new video tutorials and lot of great features like iptables-save import/export to facilitate iptables based firewalls import into FWCloud.

Yes, of course, you can use this forum for any question related with FWCloud.

Moreover, if you want, we can arrange a personalized presentation through which show you the great features of FWCloud.

Best regards.

Carles Munyoz

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, you are right.
Thank you very much for your comments, we are doing our best for make FWCloud a great product day by day.

If you have further questions, don't hesitate to ask them.